Charitable Gift Planning
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for one year or more to Kentucky Baptist Foundation for one or more charitable causes.
- Kentucky Baptist Foundation sells your securities and uses the proceeds to fund or add to an endowment benefiting one or more causes of your choosing.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- More detail on gifts of appreciated securities.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of appreciated securities.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Kentucky Baptist Foundation
P.O. Box 436389
Louisville KY 40253-6389
502-489-3533 | Fax: 502-489-3564