Charitable Gift Planning
Charitable Bargain Sale
How it Works
- You sell your residence or other property to Kentucky Baptist Foundation for a price below the appraised market value — a transaction that is part charitable gift and part sale.
- Kentucky Baptist Foundation may use the property, but usually elects to sell it and use the proceeds of the sale for the gift purposes you specified.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the discount you took from the appraised market value of your property.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the donated portion of the property.
- You can receive payment from us in a lump sum, or in fixed installments.
- More detail on charitable bargain sales.
- Frequently asked questions about charitable bargain sales.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Kentucky Baptist Foundation
P.O. Box 436389
Louisville KY 40253-6389
502-489-3533 | Fax: 502-489-3564