Charitable Gift Planning
Gifts of Business Interests
How It Works
- You give shares of closely-held stock to the Kentucky Baptist Foundation
- Kentucky Baptist Foundation will offer the stock back to your company for redemption or re-purchase. Kentucky Baptist Foundation will distribute the earnings from investment of the sale proceeds to the cause(s) you designate.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your shares, even if their original value was close to zero.
- You pay no capital gains tax on any appreciation that has taken place in the shares.
- Under certain conditions, you may be able to use closely-held shares to fund a life-income arrangement.
- You can make a significant gift that benefits both you and charitable causes important to you during your lifetime without using your cash reserves to do so.
- More detail on gifts of business interests.
- Fequently asked questions on gifts of business interests
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Kentucky Baptist Foundation
P.O. Box 436389
Louisville KY 40253-6389
502-489-3533 | Fax: 502-489-3564