Charitable Gift Planning
Charitable Lead Trust
How it Works
- You contribute securities or other appreciated assets to Kentucky Baptist Foundation as trustee of a charitable lead trust.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to one or more charitable causes you name for a period of time.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining principal is paid to your heirs.
- Income payments to one or more charitable causes you name for a term reduce the ultimate tax cost of transferring an asset to your heirs.
- The amount and term of the payments to charity can be set so as to reduce or even eliminate transfer taxes due when the principal reverts to your heirs.
- All appreciation that takes place in the trust goes tax-free to the individuals named in your trust.
- More detail about charitable lead trusts.
- Frequently asked questions about charitable lead trusts.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Kentucky Baptist Foundation
P.O. Box 436389
Louisville KY 40253-6389
502-489-3533 | Fax: 502-489-3564