Charitable Gift Planning
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
How it Works
- You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property to Kentucky Baptist Foundation as trustee of a charitable remainder annuity trust..
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to you or to beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to Kentucky Baptist Foundation as an addition to an endowment fund you have established or outright to other charitable organizations you named in the trust agreement.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no upfront capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- Your trust can meet personal or family needs that are tied to a specific timeframe, such as tuition payments.
- More detail about charitable remainder annuity trusts
- Frequently asked questions on charitable remainder annuity trusts.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Kentucky Baptist Foundation
P.O. Box 436389
Louisville KY 40253-6389
502-489-3533 | Fax: 502-489-3564