Charitable Gift Planning
Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
How it Works
- You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust.
- The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is valued annually, to you or beneficiary(ies) you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes outright to the charitable beneficiary(s) you name or to us to hold as an endowment for charitable causes you name.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no upfront capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow for additional income and tax benefits.
- More detail about charitable remainder unitrusts.
- Frequently asked questions on charitable remainder unitrusts.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Kentucky Baptist Foundation
P.O. Box 436389
Louisville KY 40253-6389
502-489-3533 | Fax: 502-489-3564