Charitable Gift Planning
Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your home, your vacation home, undeveloped property or a commercial building to Kentucky Baptist Foundation for the benefit of charitable cause(s) you designate.
- Kentucky Baptist Foundation will sell it and use the proceeds to benefit the charitable cause(s) you designate.
- You receive an income tax deduction based on the fair market value of the real estate at the time of the transfer.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to benefit the cause(s) important to you.
- More details about gifts of real estate.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of real estate.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Kentucky Baptist Foundation
P.O. Box 436389
Louisville KY 40253-6389
502-489-3533 | Fax: 502-489-3564