Charitable Gift Planning
Retained Life Estate
How it Works
- You transfer your residence, farm, or vacation home to Kentucky Baptist Foundation subject to a life estate.
- You continue to live in the property for life or a specified term of years, and continue to be responsible for all taxes and upkeep.
- The property passes to Kentucky Baptist Foundation when your life estate ends.
- You can make a charitable gift of a significant asset, but retain the security of using it for the rest of your life.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of the appraised value of your property.
- You can terminate your life estate at any time and may receive an additional income tax deduction.
- More detail about retained life estates.
- Frequently asked questions about retained life estates.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Kentucky Baptist Foundation
P.O. Box 436389
Louisville KY 40253-6389
502-489-3533 | Fax: 502-489-3564